Symetra Heroes in the Classroom presented by Wells Fargo is a community program that recognizes 16 Bay Area teachers for outstanding leadership and instructional skills during the San Francisco 49ers season.
Who Is Eligible?
Nominee must be a K-12 teacher at a Bay Area school.
Who Can Nominate a Hero?
- Current or former students of nominated teacher
- Parents of current or former students of nominated teacher
- Coworker of nominated teacher
- Current or former principal of nominated teacher
- School district staff
What Are the Criteria for Selecting Heroes?
- A teacher who makes a real difference in students' lives.
- A teacher who goes above and beyond in his/her day-to-day responsibilities.
- A teacher who helps students build life skills.
What Will the Heroes Receive?
- $1,000 donation to their classroom
- "Heroes" award certificate
- School visit by sponors to recognize their achievement
- Two tickets to a 49ers regular season game
- Recognition on the new "Faithful Mile" stage prior to the game
- A VIP tour of the 49ers Museum
Nominators will be notified during the fall and sponsors will work with school principals to set up a time to recognize the teacher at school. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symetra Financial Corporation (NYSE:SYA) is a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Wash. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefits consultants, financial institutions, and independent agents and advisors.
At Symetra, we support programs, events and organizations that enrich the lives of others in the communities we serve. Learn more about Symetra's community giving.