Symetra Heroes in the Classroom is a community program that recognizes 16 Seattle-area teachers for outstanding leadership and instructional skills during the Seattle Seahawks season.
Who Is Eligible?
All K-12 teachers in King County, Washington.
Who Can Nominate a Hero?
- Current or former students of nominated teacher
- Parents of current or former students of nominated teacher
- Coworker of nominated teacher
- Current or former principal of nominated teacher
- School district staff
What Are the Criteria for Selecting Heroes?
- A teacher who makes a real difference in students' lives.
- A teacher who goes above and beyond in his/her day-to-day responsibilities.
- A teacher who helps students build life skills.
What Will the Heroes Receive?
- $1,000 donation to their classroom
- Two tickets to a Seahawks regular season game
- In-game HawkVision (JumboTron) "spotlight"
- Pre-Game VIP sideline experience
- "Heroes" award certificate
- School visit by sponsors to recognize their achievement
Nominators will be notified during the fall and sponsors will work with school principals to set up a time to recognize the teacher at school. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Symetra Financial Corporation (NYSE:SYA) is a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Wash. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefits consultants, financial institutions, and independent agents and advisors.
At Symetra, we support programs, events and organizations that enrich the lives of others in the communities we serve. Learn more about Symetra's community giving.